CapeK9Cardio Policies and Procedures
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. BY USING OUR SERVICE AND/OR ACCESSING THIS WEBSITE YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE, FROM TIME TO TIME AT OUR SOLE DISCRETION. WE WILL NOTIFY YOU OF AMENDMENTS TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BY POSTING THEM TO THIS WEBSITE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS THIS WEBSITE OR USE OUR SERVICES. ALSO, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK US ABOUT ANY OF THESE POLICIES. WE ARE VERY FLEXIBLE AND UNDERSTANDING WITH OUR CLIENTS.
- RESERVATIONS. Existing clients can make reservations via the Client Login Portal, toll-free phone 877-592-2734, contact form, or email. The Client Login Portal is preferred and allows you to schedule service, make changes to service requests, and review all of your reservations. Your dates are not secured until we confirm with you. This ensures that we won’t miss your message and your pet(s) won’t be left alone. Please provide 72 hours notice for service requests to avoid additional fees. In the event we can’t fulfill your service request and you have prepaid using our online payment option, we will notify you as soon as possible and refund your purchase. YOUR RESERVATIONS ARE NOT CONFIRMED UNTIL WE ADVISE YOU THAT WE CAN ACCOMMODATE YOUR REQUEST VIA PHONE OR EMAIL.
- PAYMENT and DEPOSIT. We are a Pre-Pay Service. Your dates are not secure until we receive payment in full. After you request service via RESERVATION PROCEDURE above, we will send you an invoice. We have several payment methods for your convenience:
- Check to K9Cardio
- Online Payment – link to make an easy one-time credit or debit card payment through PayPal
- Login Portal – schedule service and pay
- CapeK9Cardio reserves the right to refuse service for non-payment. Services will resume as soon as payment is made. In the event we can’t accept your service request and you have prepaid, we will refund your purchase and notify you.
- OFFICE HOURS: MO – FR 9am – 5pm (excluding holidays). We check messages regularly and will respond as soon as possible during these hours.
SERVICE HOURS: Pet Sitting are 7 am – 9 pm.
Dog Walks and Dog Runs are available Monday – Friday between 10 am and 2 pm. Appointments outside of these times will be subject to our discretion and may incur additional fees.We encourage you to call our toll-free business line anytime, and we will get back to you as soon as possible, usually within a few hours during normal office hours (excluding holidays).
- ADDITIONAL VISITS. In the event that your trip is extended or if you are unable to return at the scheduled time, please call at ANY hour to schedule additional visits.
- CANCELLATION POLICY:
- Pet Sitting Visits: Except for holiday periods, cancellations for Pet Sitting visits may be made up to 72 hours in advance of your trip. After that period, there will be a cancellation fee of $25. During holiday periods, 100% payment is due to secure your reservations; cancellations 14 or more days in advance will receive 100% refund; cancellations 13 days or fewer in advance will receive a 50% refund.
- Dog Exercise (Walks or Runs): Please call the voicemail 24 hours in advance should you find you will not require exercise service. This allows us time to revise the schedule. You will be credited for the session as long as we receive notice a minimum of 24 hours in advance; otherwise, you will be charged 100% of the day’s fee.
- INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY DOG EXERCISE: If the school system in your town closes, all exercise sessions are normally canceled and you will receive a credit. If your workplace closes or you choose to stay home, please contact our voicemail by 9 am in order to allow time for your service to be canceled and avoid being charged for that day’s service. During inclement weather, we take every necessary step to make certain that your pet’s care is uninterrupted. Please make certain that we have a safe way to enter your home by clearing sidewalks and stairs.
- INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY PET SITTING: During inclement weather, we take every necessary step to make certain that your pet’s care is uninterrupted. Please make certain that we have a safe way to access your driveway by contracting a plow service during storms that are forecasting more than 6 inches of snow, or when actual snowfall reaches or exceeds 6 inches of snowfall. In the event that your driveway is not cleared, we reserve the right to hire a plow service at your expense.
- SERVICE VISIT TIMES. Our normal business hours are 7 am and 9 pm. Visits will be within a two-hour window for each visit, and not always the exact requested time (so if you would like a noon visit, the appointment may be between 11 am and 1 pm).
- Pet Sitting: Morning Pet Sitting visits are normally between the hours of 7 am and 9 am. Mid-day visits will normally between 12 pm and 3 pm. Evening Pet Sitting visits are normally between 7 pm and 9 pm.
- Dog Exercise (Walks or Runs): Monday – Friday between 10 am and 2 pm. Weekend, holidays and times requested outside of these hours will be billed at a higher rate and are subject to availability.
- FRIENDS and FAMILY ACCESS. Please notify CapeK9Cardio if there will be anyone else having access to your home. It is our preference that no people enter the home while we are caring for your home and pets. While we know this is not always possible, it is important to understand that any entry by non-CapeK9Cardio personnel may negate our liability insurance coverage for the home and safety of the pets. CapeK9Cardio is not responsible for any damages incurred to your home, property or pets due to the presence of anyone other than our personnel.
- ADDITIONAL FEES. For the most current fees, refer to our rates page.
- TRAVEL: There will be a travel fee for each 30 minutes of travel (minimum 30 minutes) plus the cost of goods if CapeK9Cardio needs to pick up supplies for your pet. Please remember to leave adequate supplies (food, litter, leash etc.) for your pet’s needs.
- HOLIDAYS: There will be an additional fee added to the regular daily fees charged for services on the following Holidays: New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve. Our staff receives a premium on holidays. Regular exercise sessions do not occur on holidays unless separately scheduled.
- LAST MINUTE SERVICE: Sometimes emergencies do arise. We ask for 72 hours notice for services to be rendered. Feel free to inquire about last minute services but availability is on a first come first-serve basis and will incur a “LAST MINUTE” fee if requested with less than 72 hours notice.
- RETURN CHECK CHARGE: Client agrees to pay a minimum $25 fee for each check returned by the client’s bank regardless of the reason.
- KEY PICK UP / RETURN: Read our key policies below to avoid key fees.
- KEY PICK-UP and RETURN POLICY. CapeK9Cardio will retain two copies of your key at the time of contract signing. One key is kept in the company key safe for emergency use and the other key is checked out to your pet sitter. Your keys will be returned within 10 days of the end of contract period at your request only. There will be a key return fee for this service. We recommend leaving keys on file with us for future Pet Sitting needs. CapeK9Cardio agrees to keep your key in a safe place with a coded system.
- UNSECURED PETS. CapeK9Cardio will not be held liable for free-roaming outdoor pets (i.e., cats, dogs left out in the yard, or with access to a doggy door) in the event of illness, injury, loss or death. It is strongly advised that all pets wear an ID tag with a contact number and that they remain inside the home or confined for their own safety and welfare in your absence.
- SECURED AREAS. It is the pet owner’s sole responsibility to pet-proof any areas of the home and/or property to which the pet has access. This includes thoroughly inspecting fences, gates, latches, doors and other devices meant to keep pet inside of or away from any areas pet may be having access to. The pet sitter does not assume and has no liability for any injuries the pet may sustain while in its own home/property.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED. We work very hard to provide your complete satisfaction, and we are proud of our reputation as a reliable, high-quality service. We strive to provide excellent service, but if there is ever a time when our service is not completely satisfactory, please let us know right away and we will do our best to make it right.
- AGREEMENT. This Contract may be executed by agreeing to these Policies and Procedures and will be deemed effectively executed upon the receipt, duly executed by the other party.
CapeK9Cardio Service Contract
- The initial term of this contract shall be ongoing until Client cancels service. Client warrants and represents that all information provided to CapeK9Cardio in the Client and Pet Profile worksheets (hereby and hereafter called “Client Record”) is accurate and agrees to notify CapeK9Cardio of any changes/updates to Client Record.
- In the event of an early return home, Client must notify CapeK9Cardio with at least 24 hours notice to avoid charges for unnecessary visit(s).
- Client agrees that in order to ensure proper care of both pet(s) and home, that it is the client’s responsibility to notify CapeK9Cardio by phone once Client has returned home. Should Client fail to notify CapeK9Cardio of return, CapeK9Cardio may continue to provide and charge service until such notice is received. Client agrees to pay for any additional services at the rates as posted on the company’s website CapeK9Cardio.com/rates at the time the reservation was made with CapeK9Cardio, plus the current last minute fees.
- Upon Client’s request to provide services in the future via phone, email or in person, Client agrees that this contract shall be renewed or extended in its entirety, without further written authorization. The term of said renewal shall coincide with the service dates as listed on the most recent email confirmation or invoice.
- CapeK9Cardio is authorized to perform care and services as outlined herein and in the most recent Pet Profile, Client Profile and/or Service Request on file with CapeK9Cardio. CapeK9Cardio is authorized to approve medical and/or emergency treatment (excluding euthanasia) as recommended by a veterinarian. Client agrees to reimburse CapeK9Cardio for expenses incurred, plus any additional fees for attending to this need or any expenses incurred for any other home/food supplies or services as needed.
- CapeK9Cardio may update the price list at any time without prior notice. Client agrees to pay rates and fees as posted on company “Rates” page on the website CapeK9Cardio.com/rates at time reservation is confirmed.
- This contract authorizes CapeK9Cardio and our agents or contractors to enter the Client’s home to provide the services listed herein. In the event that CapeK9Cardio is required to employ a locksmith to gain entry into Client’s premises due to a malfunction of the lock or a failure of the Client to leave a key, it shall be the responsibility of the Client to reimburse all costs incurred. The Client expressly gives CapeK9Cardio the authority to employ a locksmith on Client’s behalf in the event of any occurrences listed above.
- In the event of inclement weather or natural disaster, CapeK9Cardio is entrusted to use our best judgment in caring for your pet(s) and home. Client agrees to hold harmless CapeK9Cardio for damages or liabilities related to any such decision.
- CapeK9Cardio agrees to provide all agreed upon services in a reliable, caring and trustworthy manner. In consideration of these services and as an express condition thereof, the Client expressly waives and relinquishes any and all claims against CapeK9Cardio or any of its employees or contractors, except those arising from negligence or willful misconduct on the part of CapeK9Cardio, its employees or its contractors.
- Client agrees to indemnify CapeK9Cardio from liability, including attorney’s fees, arising from any injury or damage to CapeK9Cardio contractors or employees, third parties or real/personal property of third parties as a result of actions of pet(s). Client agrees to disclose to CapeK9Cardio any known pet aggression behavior and assumes all liability for aggression-related injuries as a result of actions of pet(s).
- Client agrees to pay CapeK9Cardio 100% of the total value of the contracted services prior the rendering of such services. A finance charge of 25% per month will be added to unpaid balances after seven (7) days. A handling fee of $25 will be charged on all returned checks. In the event it is necessary to initiate collection proceedings on the account, Client will be responsible for all attorney’s fees and costs of collection.
- In the event of emergency or illness, Client authorizes CapeK9Cardio to arrange for another qualified person to fulfill responsibilities as set forth in this contract.
- Client acknowledges that all pets are current and up to date on all shots and vaccines as required in the state in which the services are being provided. Should CapeK9Cardio contractor, employee or third party be injured, bitten or otherwise exposed to any disease or ailment received from Client’s pet, which has or has not been properly vaccinated, it will be the Client’s responsibility to pay all costs and damages incurred by the victim.
- CapeK9Cardio reserves the right to terminate this contract at any time before or during its term if CapeK9Cardio, in its sole discretion, determines that a danger exists to the health or safety of CapeK9Cardio contractor or employee. If concerns prohibit CapeK9Cardio from caring for pet or pets, Client authorizes CapeK9Cardio to place the pet or pets in a kennel or in the home of us or one of our company contractors or workers. Client agrees to pay all subsequent charges.
- This Contract may be executed by agreeing to this Service Contract and will be deemed effectively executed upon the receipt, duly executed by the other party.